Beauty Smoothie! (Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free & Vegan)

Want to get  your GLOW on?! I know it is not pumpkin season, but fortunately you can enjoy pumpkins year round and they will do wonders for your skin. Pumpkin is an outstanding source of Vitamin A, fiber and iron. Chard is jam packed with Vitamins A, C, E, K, magnesium and potassium. Vitamin A promotes skin cell turnover which helps bring new skin cells to the surface. It is a fabulous antioxidant that boosts your immune system and promotes skin health.

Add to Vitamix or Blender:

1 17 oz. carton of Pacific Natural Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree (I found it at my local Whole Foods)

3 cups homemade almond milk (or unsweetened almond milk)

3-4 large red chard leaves (kale also works great)

3/4 cup chia seeds

1/2 cup coconut nectar

Blend on high for several minutes. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

Makes 6 servings.

Please note you are welcome to omit the coconut nectar if you want no added sugar/sweetner at all, but my kids drink this smoothie with me everytime I make it so a touch of sweetness makes it a recipe my whole family will enjoy!

This is linked to Healthy Vegan FridayCast Party WednesdayMelt in Your Mouth MondayMake Your Own Monday, Monday ManiaSunday SchoolMix it up Monday, Inspire Me MondaySugar Free SundaySeasonal CelebrationFreaky FridayFit and Fabulous FridaysFight Back FridayFresh Bites FridayWellness WeekendPennywise Platter ThursdayFull Plate ThursdayReal Food WednesdayGluten-Free WednesdaysFrugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Whole Food WednesdaysAllergy-Free WednesdaysHearth and Soul Hop, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Traditional TuesdaysSlightly Indulgent Tuesday and Fat Tuesday.

Print Friendly

Comments

1. janegunsul says:

I have not seen that pumpkin puree, I will have to look for it!  This sounds so good – I love pumpkin!

• I think it is a new product. I found it near the applesauce. I like it because it doesn’t have BPA like most cans of pumpkin do.

2. GGirlGGreen says:

I love green smoothies! :)

3. Miz Helen says:

What a great Smoothie, it looks so cool and refreshing.  Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

4. denisemulligan17 says:

This sounds so delicious!  I love all of these ingredients and so healthy!  I’m going to try it.

5. JacquelineSchriewerRizk says:

This sounds like a real winner in the smoothie department!  I love pumpkin and add it to my pumpkin chia “pudding”  in the morning but adding greens to it never occurred to me.

6. I found the pumpkin next to the applesauce at Whole Foods. I really like it because it is not in a can or BPA packaging. Hope you enjoy the smoothie. Isn’t pumpkin amazing?!

7. naturalmothers says:

Wow-this smoothie sounds fabulous! One to add to my seasonal collection for sure!
    Thanks for linking this up at Seasonal Celebration Sunday! Rebecca@Natural Mothers Network x Can’t wait to see what you link up next week!

8. Thank you for your submission on <a href=”http://www.nourishingtreasures.com”>Nourishing Treasures’</a> Make Your Own! Monday link-up. Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

9. I make a similar one…..coconut milk, watercress, blueberries, fresh turmeric and chia :)

10. I make a similar one with coconut milk, watercress, blueberries, banana, fresh turmeric and chia :)

11. and a banana for a little sweetness

12. I love pumpkin too and it is a great prebiotic (to feed the probiotics)

13. I’m picturing myself getting my glow on drinking this green smoothie while wearing a green facial mask! Beauty smoothie with a beauty mask on the side.

And I expected a pumpkin smoothie to be orange! Must try soon!

Trackbacks

1. [...] days. They really brighten up a smoothie on so many levels. This drink could very well be called Beauty Smoothie since it is loaded with antioxidants, beta carotene (which is critical for healthy skin),fiber and [...]