Luscious Lime “Cream” Bars, (Raw & Vegan)

Lime, Cream, Bars, Raw, Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, gluten free pantry, grain free

It’s been crazy hot here. It was 95 yesterday and it’s only early June! I think we will be headed to the local outdoor swimming pool quite a bit in the coming days.

I got many wonderful comments on Facebook about my Raw Lemon “Cream” Bars. Since I equally love lemons and limes, I decided to try out that recipe with fresh pressed lime juice instead. The recipe took a little tweaking. For some reason I didn’t like the stevia mixed with lime juice so I increased the amount of coconut nectar I used. The results were sweet and yet slightly tart bars which were equally a hit with my family. Thank goodness both bars are a breeze to make because I love them both! (As a reminder the bars appear white as no added coloring has been used. Feel free to experiment with a little avocado to add in a touch of green if you would like!)

lime, cream, bars, raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, gluten free pantry

Add to Vitamix or Blender:

4 cups cashews

1 1/2 cup coconut nectar

1 cup water

1/2 cup coconut oil

1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 8 limes) or 20 drops doTerra lime essential oil

Place 2 cups of cashews and the other ingredients into the Vitamix and blend on high for 1 minute. Add in the remaining 2 cups of cashews and blend for another minute. Use a spatula to scoop the mixture into a pie pan. Freeze for 2 hours. Use a large knife to cut into individual bars. Enjoy!

Makes 8 servings.

This was shared on Whole Food FridaysMonday ManiaRaw Foods ThursdaysGluten-Free WednesdaysMake Your Own MondayFit and Fabulous FridaysFresh Bites Friday, Friday FoodFight Back FridayFriday Food FlicksWellness WeekendPennywise Platter ThursdaySimple Lives ThursdayThriving on Thursdays, Full Plate ThursdayTastetastic ThursdayReal Food WednesdayFrugal Days, Sustainable WaysAllergy-Free WednesdaysHearth and Soul Blog HopTotally Tasty Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday and Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.

Print Friendly

Comments

1. thetastyalternative says:

Beautiful Laura!  I love these. :-)

2. GFreeHappyTummy says:

wow those sound SO delicious! (and look great too!) 95 degrees! yikes!! time for some no-bake treats for sure! thanks for sharing!

3. Yum!  Sounds delish!!!  I love cashews, it’s amazing what you can turn that nut into!!

4. hudakcollins says:

Laura, my son will love this recipe!  He loves ‘lime’ anything ☺  Hope you will drop in and share it in our recipe hop this week.  The linky is open until midnight tonight!

5. Kate at eatrecyclerepeat says:

This looks so simple and totally refreshing. I’m looking forward to a new summer treat on a hot day

6. apriljharris says:

Your lime bars look so delicious and refreshing, as well as being such a healthy treat!

7. AmeeBeckLivingston says:

This recipe is fabulous!  They look so creamy and delicious!!!  Thank you for sharing your yummy recipe at Fit and Fabulous Fridays. :)

8. Thank you for your submission on <a href=”http://www.nourishingtreasures.com”>Nourishing Treasures’</a> Make Your Own! Monday link-up. Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

9. Oh yum! And thanks for the suggestions to add avocado.  What a creamy delight it will be!  There are just a few of us who would do backflips for a green frozen dessert, right?  ;)  Thanks so much for sharing it at Raw Foods Thursdays!

10. Looks freakin delicious!! Definitely going to try it! Thanks!

Trackbacks

1. [...] can’t wait to make these Lime Cream Bars from Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry (yes, she’s a hostess –couldn’t help myself [...]