Luscious Lime “Cream” Bars, (Raw & Vegan)

Lime, Cream, Bars, Raw, Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, gluten free pantry, grain free

It’s been crazy hot here. It was 95 yesterday and it’s only early June! I think we will be headed to the local outdoor swimming pool quite a bit in the coming days.

I got many wonderful comments on Facebook about my Raw Lemon “Cream” Bars. Since I equally love lemons and limes, I decided to try out that recipe with fresh pressed lime juice instead. The recipe took a little tweaking. For some reason I didn’t like the stevia mixed with lime juice so I increased the amount of coconut nectar I used. The results were sweet and yet slightly tart bars which were equally a hit with my family. Thank goodness both bars are a breeze to make because I love them both! (As a reminder the bars appear white as no added coloring has been used. Feel free to experiment with a little avocado to add in a touch of green if you would like!)

lime, cream, bars, raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, gluten free pantry

Add to Vitamix or Blender:

4 cups cashews

1 1/2 cup coconut nectar

1 cup water

1/2 cup coconut oil

1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 8 limes) or 20 drops Lime essential oil

Place 2 cups of cashews and the other ingredients into the Vitamix and blend on high for 1 minute. Add in the remaining 2 cups of cashews and blend for another minute. Use a spatula to scoop the mixture into a pie pan. Freeze for 2 hours. Use a large knife to cut into individual bars. Enjoy!

Makes 8 servings.

Print Friendly

1. thetastyalternative says:

Beautiful Laura!  I love these. :-)

2. GFreeHappyTummy says:

wow those sound SO delicious! (and look great too!) 95 degrees! yikes!! time for some no-bake treats for sure! thanks for sharing!

3. Yum!  Sounds delish!!!  I love cashews, it’s amazing what you can turn that nut into!!

4. hudakcollins says:

Laura, my son will love this recipe!  He loves ‘lime’ anything ☺  Hope you will drop in and share it in our recipe hop this week.  The linky is open until midnight tonight!

5. Kate at eatrecyclerepeat says:

This looks so simple and totally refreshing. I’m looking forward to a new summer treat on a hot day

6. apriljharris says:

Your lime bars look so delicious and refreshing, as well as being such a healthy treat!

7. AmeeBeckLivingston says:

This recipe is fabulous!  They look so creamy and delicious!!!  Thank you for sharing your yummy recipe at Fit and Fabulous Fridays. :)

8. Thank you for your submission on <a href=””>Nourishing Treasures'</a> Make Your Own! Monday link-up. Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

9. Oh yum! And thanks for the suggestions to add avocado.  What a creamy delight it will be!  There are just a few of us who would do backflips for a green frozen dessert, right?  😉  Thanks so much for sharing it at Raw Foods Thursdays!

10. Looks freakin delicious!! Definitely going to try it! Thanks!

1. […] can’t wait to make these Lime Cream Bars from Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry (yes, she’s a hostess –couldn’t help myself […]