We are in the midst of a major Winter Storm. The snow is falling, the wind is blowing and the temperatures keep dropping. This warm, nourishing soup hit the spot today.
The whole family gobbled this soup down for lunch. Next time I might try to double it since it went so quickly. Acorn Squash is brimming with Vitamins A, C, B6 and fiber. Winter squash is a healthy way to help ramp up your immune system this time of year.
- 1 cooked acorn squash
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Herbamare (or sea salt)
- 1 tsp. chopped ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- pepper to taste
- Wash and cut squash lengthwise in half. Remove seeds from the squash and discard. Place in pot with 3 cups boiling water and boil until soft for 20 minutes. Remove squash from pot and use a spoon to scoop out the inner flesh. Discard the outer part of the squash.
- Using another pan, place ghee (or olive oil) into pan and melt over medium heat. Next add in squash and all other ingredients. Cook and stir regularly over medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off heat. Using an immersion blender, blend ingredients together until smooth for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.