You gotta love a healthy indulgence that can be ready in a few minutes. My 5 year old knows all too well what candy is as she just participated in her class Valentine’s Day Party last week and received a big bag of sweets.
I love creating recipes with my daughter as she learns that what we make at home can be not only healthier, but better tasting than sweets with ingredients I can’t even pronounce. Today we had a special moment in the kitchen: combining ingredients, listening to music and giggling. Ahh a priceless moment!
I hope these treats will curb any sweet tooth you may have. These candies can be stored in your freezer and pulled out and eaten anytime. I’ll be doing that tomorrow for my 2pm afternoon treat
You can get the peppermint essential oil I use in this recipe and many other recipes here. I am never without peppermint essential oil for cooking, baking, fevers, headaches, indigestion-you name it!
This was shared on Gluten Free Tuesday, Gluten Free Fridays, Fresh Bites Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday, Full Plate Thursday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Hearth and Soul Hop, Delicious Dish Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Pennywise Platter, Thank Your Body Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday and Whole Food Fridays.
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil (melt in pan over low heat if oil is hard)
- ¼ cup raw coconut nectar (raw honey will also work)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops doTerra peppermint essential oil (or ¼ tsp. pure peppermint extract)
- dash of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into Vitamix or blender and blend on high for 1 minute. Pour batter into a baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Place dish in freezer for 15 minutes. Cut into pieces and enjoy!