When comes to savory foods, there are not many things I love to eat more than homemade chips, hummus and artichoke hearts. So I was super pumped when my recipe for a new hummus recipe that included artichoke hearts turned out what I had hoped for…addicting 🙂 Truth be told, I am slightly addicted to hummus and am always excited when I can enjoy a new twist on the original version. Bon Appetit!
This recipe is linked to Cast Party Wednesday, Healthy Vegan Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Weekend Whatever Link Up, Sunday School, Lunchbox Love, Fresh Bites Friday, Whole Food Fridays, Wellness Weekend, Pennywise Platter, Full Plate Thursday, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Tasty Traditions, Thank Your Body Thursday, Nourishing Pin It Party, Seasonal Celebration Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2 Day Wednesdays, Wheat Free Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Tuesday Greens, Tasteful Tuesday, Waste Not Want Wednesday, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Fat Tuesday.
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 14 oz. artichoke hearts packed in water
- 1 large garlic, minced and peeled
- ½ tsp. Herbs de Provence
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Herbamare
- ¼ tsp. red crushed pepper flakes
- dash of black pepper
- Optional: Add in 1 tsp nutritional yeast for a protein and B Vitamin boost and/or more garlic if you are a garlic lover like me!
- Drain the artichoke hearts from the jar or can and add them to a saucepan alongside the garbanzo beans. Cook over medium heat until hot. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process for 3 minutes. You may need to stop the machine and scrape the sides of the bowl several times. Scoop the dip into a large bowl and enjoy. We like to eat it with sweet potato chips.