Alrighty folks, here it is…these chocolate power balls are one of the best snacks around! They are naturally energizing, taste fabulous and are jam packed with fiber, protein and all the good yumminess your body needs and naturally craves. My daughter just ate 5 of these babies. I had to cut her off from any more until I make a new batch tomorrow. Because I will be…they are just too good not to when I still have the ingredients on hand!
This post is linked to Unprocessed Fridays, Gluten Free Fridays, Fight Back Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Delicious Dish Tuesday, Feature Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday, Healthy 2 Day Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Seasonal Celebration, Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Eco Kids Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Better Mom Mondays, Creative Corner, Inspire Me Monday, Weekend Whatever Link Up, Sunday School, Raw Foods Thursdays, Fresh Bites Friday, Lunchbox Love, Whole Food Fridays, Wellness Weekend, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways and Thank Your Body Thursday.
- 5 dates
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup sunflower kernels
- ⅓ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate powder or cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 drops wild orange essential oil
- Soak the dates in a small bowl of water for 10 minutes. Discard the water and remove the pits from the dates. Place all ingredients into a food processor. Process for 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl if needed.
- Turn off food processor and roll mix into small balls. Eat up friends!
- Want to switch it up? Additional ideas: substitute cacao powder for carob powder. Instead of wild orange essential oil, try cassia, cinnamon or peppermint essential oils or extracts.