Whether you are looking for a morning breakfast bar for on-the-go or a tasty dessert, I’ve got you covered!
I’m a big fan of coconut flour and I realize that a lot of my grain-free recipes lately utilize both almond and coconut flour. Well I don’t want those of you with an almond allergy to miss out on some scrumptious grain-free treats! These bars are perfectly moist, filling and nutritious. They are great for breakfast, a snack or packed into a lunch box. These bars are hearty and abundant in protein to keep you satisfied and fulfill any sugar or grain cravings you may have.
The combination of orange and cranberry will make your entire kitchen smell wonderful. Double win right?! Hope you get a chance to try these bars and put them in a lunch box or two sometime soon!
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ⅔ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. organic orange zest (or 5 drops Wild Orange essential oil)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes on medium speed. Scoop the batter into the greased baking dish, patting down the batter as needed. Bake for 30 minutes. When a knife inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean, the bars are done.
- *I recommend checking the bars at 20-25 minutes to see if they are done as I live at a high altitude.
- Makes 12 bars.