Move over store bought treats, there is a new treat in town! These no-bake chocolate morsels are little pieces of heaven. My daughter said this morning, “Can I eat them for breakfast? These are perfect Mom!” Well, I’m not sure they are exactly breakfast food, but they will hit the spot just about anytime of the day that suits your preference
This is linked to Lunchbox Love, Unprocessed Fridays, Whole Food Fridays, Simple Lives Thursdays, Raw Food Thursdays, Live Laugh Linky, Pennywise Platter, Tasty Traditions, Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Healthy 2 Day Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Homestead Barn Hop, Inspire Me Monday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop.
- 1½ cups pecans, soaked in water for 8 hours
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- 6 dates, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Discard the water from the pecans and dates and remove the pits from the dates. In a food processor with an S blade, add in the pecans, cashew butter, chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Process or pulse for 2 minutes. Add in the dates and pulse for another 2 minutes.
- Unplug and remove the container from the food processor. Roll the mix into 14 balls. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top of each ball. You can also add in some of the coconut flakes into the balls when you are mixing the other ingredients if you would like.
- Refrigerate balls to set. Store in the refrigerator.