It’s finally Spring here in the mountains! It was a glorious, sunny 70 degree day today. All of us soaked in the much welcomed sunshine after a long winter. This weekend was just what the four of us needed. We went to a BBQ, planted seeds and flowers in the garden, hiked in the mountains, flew my daughters new kite…does tomorrow really have to be Monday?!
This is a new pancake recipe our family enjoyed this weekend. Hazelnut meal is a fun flour to play around with and has a unique and delicious flavor. I highly recommend some fresh jam or organic maple syrup on top of these pancakes…hits the spot!
Here’s to a fabulous coming week and a not so crazy Monday!
This was shared on Full Plate Thursday, Sunday School, Whole Food Fridays, Fresh Bites Friday, Lunchbox Love, Simple Meals Friday, Pennywise Platter, Tasty Traditions, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy 2 Day Wednesday, Waste Not Want Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Eco Kids Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Better Mom Mondays, Natural Living Monday, My Meatless Mondays and Creative Corner.
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium size bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a medium size bowl and mix with a hand or electric mixer for 3 minutes until blended well. Lightly grease a skillet or pan with coconut oil and set to medium heat. Drop ¼ cup scoops onto greased pan or skillet. Use a spoon to spread out the batter to be more thin and wide. Cook for 3 minutes or until edges are brown and flip and cook on other side for 3 more minutes.
- Makes approximately 9-10 pancakes.